• Pre-register to attend. This isn’t always needed but very often by pre-registering you often get a glass of fizz on arrival and a goodie bag.
• Take someone along with you – if your other half doesn’t want to go, then don’t make them – it will only lead to a stressful day! – take along other members of your bridal party.
• Take time at the fayre, don't rush around. Exhibitors have paid to attend the event and they want to talk to you and share their knowledge and ideas surrounding their product or service.
• Pick up business cards and literature of exhibitors and services you like the look of – it might be a product or service you haven’t even thought of. Having their details means you can find out more about them check out their social media. Many suppliers use Pinterest now, one of the favourite tools for gaining inspiration.
• Don’t feel pressured by anyone, but don’t miss out on offers on the day, many suppliers can and will only take on 1 wedding per date – if there is someone you would love to have as a supplier for your wedding then consider paying a deposit to secure your date (like us, Deckerdence is a unique one-off mobile venue so we can only take on 1 wedding over a week).
Myself and Deckerdence
team hope to be talking to you at an event near you soon!